What could Happen?





This was the question. I asked it of myself in rebuff to the internal negativity I was feeling when I considered committing myself to a year of Yoga.
So what can happen? Follow me as I compel myself to do or attend yoga daily for 365 days in a row. I suspect the journey shall be interesting.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Day 1/365

 Frigid runners round Assiniboine Park's formal gardens this morning in the 8th annual Polar Bare Run.... also called the Frozen Nipple Run. Participants circle the gardens once then head for their cars and warm clothes. This was the coldest run on record at -33 C.

Welcome to 2010.
The New Year here began with a balmy -33.
Some brave souls began the day with tradition.



Frigid runners round Assiniboine Park's formal gardens this morning in the 8th annual Polar Bare Run.... also called the Frozen Nipple Run. Participants circle the gardens once then head for their cars and warm clothes. This was the coldest run on record at -33 C.
So today was day 1 for me. I had decided that I had to continue with my plan even though the injury to my arm would make it a bit difficult.
I spoke with Clancy before class and she gave me some alternatives and lots of encouragement.
I was able to do much of the class and learned something in the  process.
When a position posed too much of a challenge I simply used the time to pay attention to how I should be executing it.
So stepping away and slowing down allows me to have better understanding of things I don't know well.
Day 1 and I have learned something already.













No comments:

Post a Comment