What could Happen?





This was the question. I asked it of myself in rebuff to the internal negativity I was feeling when I considered committing myself to a year of Yoga.
So what can happen? Follow me as I compel myself to do or attend yoga daily for 365 days in a row. I suspect the journey shall be interesting.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

26 and 7

Thats 26 days of Yoga and 7 days of Clean detox.
One thing that being on the detox does is make me more aware as I do my practice. I am becoming more aware and active in poses that I know affect digestion. I remind myself that while some may be uncomfortable its only for a minute and that it will only enhance the detox.
Interesting how doing all the the things that will give me maximum benefit is such a challenge. One I can overcome but interesting for me to see how my mind has been functioning.
I feel like I am just waking up to reality. The reality of how life really works. Its of vital importance for me to stay focused on the now and not take that stroll down regret lane.
I am truly getting so much better at simply saying "next" when my mind wants to wander to a place of no value.
I absolutely have no doubt now that morning sessions are best for me. It gives me perfect clarity to start my day and with it done I lose the feeling of pressure that comes from trying to fit it in later.
Its good, truthfully better than I thought.
Just what has changed in 26 days, well a lot I think but mostly I have slowed my mind down. A far from easy task with BP and according to the Dr and big brother Pharmaceutical impossible without drugs.
I always said I would but I now can say, I am winning this battle. Every day my level of security increases.
With that comes peace of mind. Last I heard they did not have a pill for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment