What could Happen?





This was the question. I asked it of myself in rebuff to the internal negativity I was feeling when I considered committing myself to a year of Yoga.
So what can happen? Follow me as I compel myself to do or attend yoga daily for 365 days in a row. I suspect the journey shall be interesting.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 8

9 pm Karma class, well I went to the 730 and could not get in so I came home and then walked back an hour later.
Commitments, at least public ones are an interesting thing.
With the wind chill factor its -36. Its Friday ,its late I went to class, made the effort -did I really have to go back.??



The Philosophers Notes lesson I was reading today was Constructive Living.
 Essentially its about how your behavior is what sets your life.
In there is the suggestion of giving 100% to every task you do.
 From folding socks to parenting, 100% all the time.


Tonight as I set my intention for my practice I considered that. What does giving 100% really mean?

Pushing my body further? Or giving it a break and simply focusing on the posture?

My body needed no more physical stress tonight. Its has a damaged wing that's healing and my PT is realigning my hips and back.  So 100% means simply full attention to the task at hand.
Its nice to find that balance and feel as favorable easing back as pushing forward.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment